- by David JenkinsThe data elephant in the room. [Image by Midjourney]Business ecosystems and data decentralisation in the financial marketsThe data elephant in the roomEven though the definition of a business ecosystem is diverse, one of the defining characteristics is a marketplace built around producers and consumers freely interacting over a platform that is delivered […]
- by David JenkinsInspirations from the Golden Age of Digital Art.Rainbow over Richmond — Melbourne 2021 (Deep Dream — Inception Convolutional Neural Network)Disclaimer: I think about things and I write about them. All opinions and commentary are entirely my own and I welcome other viewpoints.With the latest developments in the creative application of technology, I feel like a golden age […]
- by David JenkinsNavigating uncertaintyThe architecture of happiness.Navigating periods of high volatility and disruption in the financial markets are the proving grounds for software and infrastructure. The financial markets are particularly demanding on product design, in particular for the sheer amount of in-flight data with time sensitivity and the geographic spread over which it […]
- by David JenkinsCan we reconcile the corporate model and societal good?Having read the news of Jeff Bezo’s commitment of ten billion (roughly 6% of his fortune) to saving the planet (aka. Bezos Earth Fund), I can’t help but wonder about the mechanism’s at work across the capitalist system and the billionaire philanthropy that falls […]
- by David JenkinsThe end of originalAs I walked to work this morning listening to a brand new album recommendation, auto-playing from Spotify, I noted how remarkably similar it was in sound to another album I’d been listening to recently. It wasn’t bad per se, it was familiar, but most certainly it wasn’t anything new […]
- by David JenkinsReality 2.0 — Sensors all around you“Desktop Summit Group Photo” by Kat, used under CC BY 2.0 / Cropped from originalOver a decade ago I had the experience of working with the technology platforms that underpinned the emergence of online mega-portals. Back then, behavioral tracking of visitors to these sites, using active and passive data […]
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
Press Enter / Return to begin your search.